Sunday, March 27, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Sadly our vacation has come to an end.  I must admit I shed a tear as we walked away from the beach for the last time.  We checked out of the hotel on Monday and had a 5:05 p.m. HST flight out.  If you do the math, you will realize we flew all night EST, and arrived back in Columbus on Tuesday morning a little after eleven.  Our wonderful brother in law Dennis gave us a ride home.  We ate some Taco Bell and slept for 4 hours straight before making ourselves get up so we could adjust to the time change.  We’re still dog tired today, but ready to face reality again tomorrow (shaking as I say that, trying to convince myself it’s true!). 
It has been a wonderful vacation, and we’re so lucky to have had a safe, happy trip.  We would do the trip again in a heartbeat, and are already talking about “the next time we go to Maui”.  Go if you can – you won’t regret it!!  We’ve posted a few final pictures...

Much Love to All,
Vicky and Karen

Karen in the lobby when we first arrived at the hotel.

Karen viewing the sunset from our balcony

Vicky at the Feast of Lele Luau

Sunset at Feast of Lele Luau

Vicky and Karen at the Luau

Sunset from Balcony


Carefree Karen at the beach



 Entertainment at the Hula Grill and Barefoot Bar on our last night in Maui
We took the Barefoot Bar literally, and it felt good!

Some video from the Feast at Lele
One last look from our room...

Flying home over the Pacific

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize that you'd posted this last little bit. I'm sure I would've cried, too. The photos are so lovely. The entertainment looks wonderful! I'm so looking forward to going someday. Selfishly, I'm VERY happy that you're home!! Love you both ~

    ReplyDelete