Saturday, March 12, 2011

Come Hell or High Water, The Vacation Begins!

It's been a long time since July when we first booked our trip to Maui, but our departure day has finally arrived, albeit with some stress leading up to today.  About a week ago or so we began hearing about a volcano erupting on the big island of Hawaii, but no big deal, right.  Not even the island we're staying on.  But then yesterday my dear sister Pammie sent me a text at 6 a.m. saying "Holy crap!  8.9 in Japan, and tsunami warnings for Hawaii!?!"  Honestly when I first saw the text I thought she was kidding, and was a little bit pissed.  "Not so funny", I thought.  When I asked if she was joking, she assured me she was not.  I rushed to the TV to see the breaking news insignia on CNN.  I stood in disbelief and then awoke Karen who said "We're not going to Hawaii, are we?"  I said it doesn't look like it and her response was "S$%!"

Well here we are 24 hours later and we're going on our vacation after all.  Fortunately Maui withstood the tsunami well, so we're on our way!  Just got the confirmation email from AA saying the flight is on time, so I'm going to hop in the shower.  Aloha baby!

1 comment:

  1. I'll be vacationing vicariously thru you guys. The trip sounds amazing! Looking so forward to all the story and pics!! Miss you already .... HUGS!

    ReplyDelete